Montag, 25. November 2013

Living the Moment

Some days ago I was watching a basketball game of the Arkansas Razorbacks. To show my family back in Germany how it looks like in an American basketball arena I took some pictures with my smartphone to send them home. I was so concentrated to make the pictures that I missed an important basket. Of course I could see it finally in the replay, but to me that is simply not the same because I missed the original moment by itself. This made me think about how we get abstracted by the media. For example when I am at a music concert there is something you can always observe. Many people are so focused on making their videos and pictures of the concert that they are simply not able to enjoy the concert itself. 


A normal concert

Of course having your own pictures of the concert is great to remember it later, but isn't the moment when you are there, when you have the pure experience worth so much more? Don't get me wrong. The features and possibilities of the new medias are great and can be helpful in your daily live. But isn't it true that sometimes we miss to really enjoy the moment, our surroundings and most importantly the atmosphere because we are so focused on our gadget? Yes, the developments are often helpful, but when we use them we should not forget to live the moment and to enjoy everything it offers to you. Because the atmosphere can't be reviewed again. 

Keine Kommentare:

Kommentar veröffentlichen